11. avgust 2017
PhD Scholarships on the Subject of Global Social Rights
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung will award two Ph.D. scholarships on the subject of Global Social Rights (GSR) starting 1 April 2018 for a duration of two years (with scope for two 6-month extensions) as part of the cooperative doctoral research group on Social Human Rights at the Universities of Kassel and Fulda. Developing a discourse on Global Social Rights and implementing social and democratic human rights around the world is a priority of the work carried out by the Centre for International Dialogue and Cooperation, the international division of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
Scholarship holders are insured with high-quality doctoral studies. What is of crucial importance is the interdisciplinary way in which the doctoral research group has been organized to include legal studies, political science, philosophy, sociology, and economics.
- an MA, Diplom or master’s degree (Magisterabschluss) marked with at least ‘good’; for state examinations in law marked with at least ‘satisfactory’;
- current and significant engagement in civic and social projects in the spirit of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung;
- a developed and informative Ph.D. proposal on one of the subjects mentioned above:
- the willingness to participate actively and regularly in the events organized as part of the doctoral research group in Kassel and Fulda;
- the willingness to actively and continually participate in the activities at the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Centre for International Dialogue and Cooperation in Berlin or at sites associated with RLS international offices on the subject of Global Social Rights during the course of your Ph.D;
- the thesis may be written in German or English.
- Scholarship holders are associated with the doctoral research group;
- The scholarship is made up of a monthly basic grant of EUR 1,350.00 and EUR 100.00 as a lump sum for research expenses; in addition, extra allowances can be paid for children and their care;
- Allowances and lump travel sums are paid for study trips abroad.
How to apply?
Please make sure your application contains all the documents required:
- CV in tabular format;
- Degree certificate;
- Proof of involvement in social projects;
- Proposal (brief proposal, table of contents, detailed proposal, project plan and time schedule, and publications list);
- Copy of your passport and residence permit if required;
- Proof of knowledge of German (at least B2 level).
Deadline: 15 October 2017
For more information, please visit the official web page.